Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Walk in the Park

Yesterday was such a nice spring-like day (after the fog cleared up), that Livie and I ended up going to the park after school; we needed to enjoy the weather and soak up some Vitamin D.

We started off collecting twigs and small sticks. Livie enjoyed throwing them as far as she could into the stream as we stood on a small bridge.

Then we spent time racing each other down the path. I usually let her beat me; if I purposely tied her, she would insist on a do-over. And one time, she was ahead of me as we ran - she stopped suddenly, and it was all I could do to keep from running her over. She laughed at my acrobatics, as I did what I could to avoid running into her.

At one point, we came across a man and his two Pembroke Welsh Corgis. I saw them first, but didn't say anything, just waiting to see if Livie would notice them. She did, crying out, "Corgis!! Corgis!!" and jumping up and down wildly. We asked if we could pet them, and were given permission. Livie was very gentle with them, and the the three of them were just too cute together. Alas, I didn't get a photo of them. But take my word for it, they were cute - two corgis wiggling around licking Livie's hands.


Anyway, here are the photos, my whole purpose in posting today:



















1 comment:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Looks like a fun day! I've always wanted a corgi...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...