Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Passing of the Torch

I get the feeling like I was passed the "Storyteller" torch from my Uncle, whose life was untimely cut short this past Sunday.

While I know I have a lot to write, and have so many ideas swirling around among my little gray cells, I will be taking a brief "storytelling hiatus" while I grapple with grief and regain composure.

Until I come back within the next couple weeks, I will leave a quote by one of my very favorite authors (an author my uncle also appreciated): "From where we stand the rain seems random. If we could stand somewhere else, we would see the order in it. "-Tony Hillerman

Let's see if time, and thus a change in (mental) location will help me see some order in what now seems to be random chaos. 

3 comments:

Little Merry Sunshine said...

Sonya,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Jessica

Sonya @ Under the Desert Sky said...

Thank you, Jessica. A friendly, listening ear when needed, is just about the best think I can think of right now.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I love the thought of the passing of the torch. What a beautiful way to look at such a sad situation. Sorry for your loss, Sonya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...