Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pictoral tour of Minute Man National Historic Park, Concord and Lincoln, MA

Andrew and I were stationed in the greater Boston area for 4 years (2002-2006). I think there are definitely aspects of this part of the country that we both really miss - all the historic sites, the restaurants, scenery, activities . . . . 

I've been thinking about this part of the country for the past week or so. I have a friend from Culver Girls Academy who now lives out in Lexington, MA. She was recently talking about this Asian restaurant she went to recently. It was in a neighboring town, of which I was familiar.

Then there's an acquaintance that I know who also lives out in that area. She lives near Natick, which is the town where I got my wedding dress altered. Plus, she was at Emerson Hospital, Concord, MA, recently, telling  me, "Hey, I was at 'Livie's Hospital' the other day!" She calls it that because she knows Livie was born there. 

So while the cost of living in that part of the country is ridiculous, we still like it there and would love to have the opportunity to visit with Livie, now that she's older. Yes, I have to admit that maybe we DO feel a little homesickness - saudade - for it.

Here are some photos from September 10, 2009 (the day I got my little point-n-shoot digital camera). These photos are from Minute Man National Historic Park, one of my favorite places to go for a walk or a run,. not only for the beauty of the location, but for the historical significance. 

Hartwell Tavern:

 Mile marker stating "Boston Harbor, 14"
  


The trail along Battle Road, through the park:
  



  


  



  


 


There is a "Battle Road Heros" candlelight tour twice a year, with actors portraying historic figures living along the Battle Road circa April 19, 1775. Andrew and I really enjoyed this activity.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...