Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chicken Posole Recipe - Real Simple Recipes

Chicken Posole Recipe | Real Simple Recipes

I just got this "Chicken Posole" recipe sent to my e-mail. I'm going to have to try it one day.

In New Mexico, posole is a stew that is traditionally eaten around Christmas. Oftentimes, it's made with pork. But this chicken recipe looks tasty and worthy of being tried. Hopefully the family will like it, too. Of course, it will probably make me feel saudade for New Mexico, but oh well. If the recipe ends up being yummy, it will be worth feeling a little saudade for it.

Now I'm craving Mexican food, especially tamales. Here's why: typically, tamales are also prepared and eaten around Christmas in Mexican culture, as well as in the Southwest (and probably other parts of the country). So, thinking of posole made me think of traditional Christmas food, and that, of course, made me think of tamales. Mmmmm . . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...