Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's a nice idea, isn't it?

Ahhh, how about a trip?! For fun, not business. Sounds good, doesn't it?

Why am I asking?

Well, Livie and I sometimes watch the Travel Channel together in the evenings. One day she and I caught a repeat of one of Samantha Brown's trips to Italy - Positano, to be exact. Livie looks at me and says, "Mommy, let's go to Positano. You, me, and Daddy. I'll sit in the middle. Then we can stay in a hotel with a pool, and we'll stay for 5 days. We can have lots of special adventures."

Hahaha! Okay, kid . . . how about Il San Pietro di Positano? She and Andrew have current passports!

I, on the other hand, have one that just expired within the last month and a half. Oops! I have the renewal paperwork all filled out (it's been sitting on the desk since December), and I just got a pair of passport photos taken. Now I just need to write a check and send it all in.

Of course, once I get my passport renewed, we sure won't be affording any trips to Positano (or anywhere else in Europe) any time soon. But it's a nice idea. Maybe one day we'll get there. I'm sure that we'll get our passports stamped for fun overseas trips (to Vienna to see the Spanish Riding School, to Helsinki for the sights and delicious Finnish chocolate, to Spain for the culture and tapas, to Rome for the history and the sights . . . you get the idea). It won't be anytime soon - definitely off in the future - but we will do it. I know it. 

In the meantime, we'll plan and accomplish plenty of fun adventures a lot closer to home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...