Wednesday, September 8, 2010

End of Summer

Labor Day Weekend 2010 has come and gone, which means that summer is wrapping up. Thankfully, that also means that my favorite season, autumn, is on its way.

Anyway, we happened to spend the holiday weekend at the Macadamia Ranch this year.

Here are a few photos from our weekend . . .


Here's snapshot of what Iowa's farmlands look like at the end of summer. I took this photo and the next one on our way from Cedar Rapids to the Des Moines area.
This is somewhere on I-80, between Des Moines and I-380, heading west.



Bales and fields . . .
Again, this is somewhere on I-80, heading west. While I always feel like I'm in the middle of nowhere, I enjoy seeing the rolling hills, the greenery, and seeing Iowa's crops during their various stages of growing.



Liv and Abuelita are greeting "Baby Heart." She has just arrived with Liv's "Uncle Joe" and "Tia Pia."
Liv dubbed her young cousin "Baby Heart" about a year ago. 



Oma is taking a break from reading to enjoy watching two of her young great-grandchildren.



Liv, "Baby Heart" (the cousins) and Abuelita have big smiles. That must mean they're having fun, right?



Oma, Abuelita, and Liv



"Baby Heart" is being held by her daddy (my brother Joe), and Oma.
Oma's in what I call one of her "Easter egg blouses."



Liv's playing the piano for Daddy and Baby Heart.



Joe says, "Stay thirsty, my friends." I told Joe to pose and repeat the Dos Equis commercial's quote. That's why he's smiling so big.
Liv's laughing in the background about something totally different.



Nonno's asleep, despite all the commotion at the Macadamia Ranch.



Andrew asked me to take a photo of him while he had both dogs next to him.
The Pembroke Welsh Corgi is Caesar, and the Border Terrier is Jester.

More photos coming later . . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...