Thursday, August 18, 2011

A "Resting" Place Within the Corn

When I drive along I-80 (either to/from the Des Moines area to Chicago, or to/from Des Moines to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids) I always pass this cemetery on the south side of I-80 (somewhere . . . oh, maybe about halfway between Des Moines and Iowa City). I guess it's for a farming family's loved ones? The grass is always super green and seems to be well tended. 

Just click on the photo to see a bigger view of it.

I love seeing how the landscape around it changes, depending on the season. Like now, I love seeing the rows of tassled corn.

4 comments:

Randy said...

Sad spot but nice photo.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Nice fields...

Nancy said...

I would want to go explore... I love old cemeteries. :)

Michaele said...

How nice that there is so much respect for that little cemetery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...