Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back on Campus

My semester at the University of Iowa started this week. I've got two classes, both on Tuesdays and Thursdays. One is a Philosophy class - Aesthetics, and the other is Contemporary American Women Writers.

I majored in Philosophy way back when, during my undergrad days (I graduated in 1993). And since I'm working on a graduate degree in English, it's a bit of a "Whoa! It's been a while!" moment for me getting back into the Philosophy state of mind.

Anyway, here are a few photos of the campus in summertime.

A partial view of the Old Capitol, obscured by leafy trees.

My writing class is in the curvy building on the left.


Another view. I look out those windows when I use the stairs.

It's only the first week, and I'm tired! (And the day's not even over yet!) But hopefully I'll be back in "study mode" full blast by next week.

(If you click on the "University of Iowa" label below, you should be able to find my winter and spring campus photos.)

4 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I never took a philosophy class, but quite a few of my classes had sections on philosophy, particularly my Intelligence class. I also read Sophie's Choice ;-) It's challenging stuff, but really interesting.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sorry, I meant to say Sophie's World, not Sophie's Choice. Duh.

Michaele said...

Good for you! I would have loved to stay in college forever. I graduated from UNM : )

Randy said...

Nice looking campus. I would love to take a Philosophy class.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...