Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mexican Spiced Hot Cocoa

Now this recipe has got to be good! You know I'm going to have to try this at home!

Check out Real Simple's Mexican Spiced Hot Cocoa recipe: 

Mexican Spiced Hot Cocoa
Serves 1
Hands-on Time: 05m
Total Time: 05m

Ingredients:
  • 1 serving hot cocoa mix (plus the ingredients called for in the package directions)
  • 2 pinches ground chipotle chili pepper
  • 2 pinches ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons sweetened whipped cream
Directions:
1. Prepare the hot cocoa mix according to the package directions.
2. Mix with half the chipotle and half the cinnamon.
3. Top with the whipped cream and sprinkle with the remaining chipotle and cinnamon.

Tip:
For a kid-friendly version, omit the chipotle.

Nutritional Information:
Calories 151; Fat 5g; Sat Fat 3g; Cholesterol 10mg;
Sodium 138mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 24g;
Sugar 18g; Fiber 1g; Iron 1mg; Calcium 47mg

2 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

that does sound good! I've really taken to buying those gourmet chocolate bars with chili peppers in them. I didn't think they would be good but I was delighted to discover I was wrong. I particularly like the Firecracker one - it pops when you eat it!

laughwithusblog said...

I grew up on Mexican hot chocolate! We used Abuelita chocolate and just ground it all up. Yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...