Friday, February 19, 2010

Let's Get the Party Started!

Tomorrow is the party celebrating Olivia's 4th birthday! It hardly seems possible! Her actual birthday is next Wednesday, but in order to have everyone here, we're having the party on Saturday. She's got a unicorn birthday cake, which I picked up from the bakery today. It is just too cute!

Anyway, 4 years ago today, I was on bedrest, not realizing that in a few days, she would suddenly make her entrance like Julius Caesar - by caesarian section ;) . So there we were, just waiting to see what the future held on what would end up a frigid February day in Concord, MA.

So her paternal grandparents are here and lending a hand when possible, to help me get the house straightened for the party tomorrow.

And I'm just taking a momentary break from all the work. Andrew's getting adult refreshments for the various grandparents, uncles, neighbors, etc., as well as some soft drinks, and I've gotten the sweets (cake and ice cream - the important birthday items).

It should be a fun day for Olivia, especially since she's looking forward to seeing her maternal grandparents, great-grandmother, and the next door neighbors' kids. And I can't wait to see how she likes her gifts. We've gotten an Incredibles DVD as well as some items for her Bitty Baby. Can't wait to see what else she gets.

I will be sure to post some photos of the festivities. I hope it's a blast for her!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...