Thursday, August 2, 2012

Rural Thursday - Iowa Corn

I've got some photos to share at Rural Thursday! If a field of Iowa corn doesn't say "rural," I don't know what does!

I took these photos on I-80, westbound, somewhere between Coralville and Des Moines on July 21st. Livie and I had to stop for a short break, and were actually parked near a cornfield, so I took the opportunity to take a few photos. (I think it was at a rest stop somewhere after the Amana Colonies exit).

I edited them a bit on PicMonkey.





"Rural Thursday" is co-hosted by Two Bears Farm and A Rural Journal. Please click the button below to view the rest of this week's entries:

14 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Well that sure says country what beautiful fields of corn. Nice seeing you again Sonya. B

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sure looks better than how my corn turned out!

Jill said...

Perfect Rural Thursday for sure! Love that green.

Beth said...

It looks much better than the corn crops in downstate Illinois.

I love seeing the corn so nice and tall and GREEN! Great pictures.

Kranky Granny said...

You will find lots of corn growing in my area but non as healthy as this. Your farmers are very lucky. Our drought had stunted and knarled the corn. I've heard it said half or more of this years crop will be lost to weather conditions.

I drive I-80 everytime I visit my sister in Omaha but have never been this far into Iowa. Will have to correct that some day.

Nancy said...

This area must have gotten good rain when needed... looks much better than the corn here. Thanks for sharing at RT this week, Sonya. xo

TexWisGirl said...

sure hope they get a good crop!

renae said...

hi, Sonya! Amazing photography. You are good!

I just joined you.

Would you join me?

My 'modern photo' has inspired me to take more motion shots and see what comes.

Candy C. said...

Beautiful rural view! I really like the edit on the second picture!
Thanks for your comment on my blog today! We are south and east of Tucson near Benson. I love it here and just couldn't imagine living anywhere else! :)

Anonymous said...

I always admire those big long fields of corn, that's something I don't see often living here in the rural mountains.

renae said...

thank you - so much! see ya more!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Corn looks so nice and green-that is great to see.

Anonymous said...

oh i am dreaming of fresh corn

Amy Burzese said...

That corn looks pretty healthy. Maybe all is not lost in the drought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...