Monday, February 13, 2012

Too Easy to Procrastinate!

I should be reading right now, but the snowy weather we're getting right now is making it hard to concentrate. So I'm procrastinating by editing some photos in Picnik.

So last week on campus, I took a photo of the Adler Journalism and Communications Building, where one of my classes was held last semester (Contemporary American Women Writers). Well, this semester, I have to walk past it to and from one of my classes (because of where I sometimes park my car). I took a couple pictures of this building last semester during the fall (you can see them by clicking here and looking at the first photo, as well as clicking here to see that bare autumn tree look).

And while I was inspired to take another photo of it last week, it didn't turn out like I'd expected. So I just had to edit it using Picnik.

After using some of Picnik's special effects and texturing, here is how last week's photo turned out:

It turned out pretty cool, huh? Well *I* think so, anyway. I took this photo in the afternoon, but it almost looks like a nighttime shot, due to the editing (boost, heat map - the "thermal" choice, and some texture). I love the colors and the tree's reflection in the windows.

Okay, now it's back to the books . . . and keep your fingers crossed that my drive to/from school is safe doesn't take too much longer than usual!

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

looks like it should be framed art on a wall. :)

Teresa said...

Great choice! It sometimes takes me a while to go through all the options before I find a "look" that works...This one is really neat!

Sandy said...

Very cool. I love it!! =)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Wow, that is really cool! I love the stuff you do w/ Picnik :-)

Jill said...

Definately looks like art!

Nancy said...

What will we do without our Picnik?

Love the building and your editing, Sonya. Hope you didn't have any trouble driving this morning.

Michaele said...

That is soooo cool! I don't dare start that - oh but I want to!

Randy said...

Cool shot. I hear you I did the same thing and am now working like a mad man to get my homework done. I forgot I would not be home tomorrow night and now have to get it all done tonight before Wednesday night.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...