Saturday, April 30, 2011

Your Sunday Best - 30 Apr 2011

Here's this week's photo for Your Sunday Best, hosted by A Rural Journal.

White Sands National Monument, Alamogordo, NM, February 2007

I've posted this photo before, but it's one of my favorite New Mexico scenes, and one I wanted to share again. 

I took this photo at White Sands National Monument in southern New Mexico, when we still lived in Alamogordo. It was in February 2007, just a couple weeks before Livie's first birthday. She had fallen asleep in the car on our way to White Sands (it was about a 20-25 minute ride, so of course, she fell asleep). Andrew sat in the car with her while I got out and took a few photos, the above being one of them.

I miss the vibrant skies of New Mexico, where we had 300+ days of sunshine per year. At least I have photos to look at when I'm homesick for the Southwest.


Please click on the button below to view all the "Your Sunday Best" photo entries:

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow -- that sand is white! How pretty with the contrasting blue sky above. Awesome shot, Sonya! :)

Millie said...

That is a beautiful, vibrant blue sky. I can see why you like it so much.

Tammy said...

Very pretty shot. At first I thought it was snow ;)

Buttons Thoughts said...

This is a beautiful shot I love the white of the sand with the blue of the sky. Incredible. B

Lou Belcher said...

I thought it was snow. Beautiful white sand. Thanks for sharing.

Lou

LBB said...

I have never seen sand so white! At first I thought it was snow:)
Beautiful!

Kathryn Dyche said...

The white against the blue is so beautiful. Great shot.

Dimple said...

Beautiful photo; I like the blue & white with the curved horizon.

Anonymous said...

White Sands NM is a place I've always wanted to visit... hopefully one day! =) Beautiful capture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...