Friday, April 29, 2011

Memory Lane Friday - No Theme

I think that since it's another "No Theme" week, I'll post a photo of a place that I love - my grandparents' house on Blue Ridge in El Paso. I have the best memories from spending time with my grandparents here.

Sir Rafa took this photo 30 years ago, in April 1981.

I love all the memories of Blue Ridge - Oma's famous breakfasts: huevos con chorizo, or pancakes, or avena (oatmeal) . . . playing in the back yard . . . their neighbors giving us juicy, green grapes from their back yard grapevines . . . the piñata I had for one of my birthdays . . . sparklers in the back yard on the 4th of July . . . the list could go on.

Anyway, I love this photo of spring in El Paso. I love Sir Rafa's expertly manicured lawn, the Italian Cypress trees (on the right edge of the photo, and the left side of the house).  I love the fact that I can look at this photo and remember great times with my Oma and Sir Rafa.

Memory Lane Friday is hosted weekly by Lisa at Two Bears Farm. Please click on the button below to read her Memory Lane Friday entry, as well as other participants' posts.

4 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Did I ever tell you that El Paso was one of our stops on our honeymoon? Great picture, thanks for linking up!

Nancy said...

"Sir Rafa". Love that.

That house reminds me of the Brady Bunch house for some odd reason.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Sonya! :)

LBB said...

Backyard grapes ....yummm! How fun to look back :)

Ricardo Miñana said...

Un placer pasar por tu blog, si te
gusta la poesía te invito al mio,
que tengas un feliz fin de semana.
saludos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...