Sunday, November 8, 2009

New to blogging!

Okay, here's post #2.

I want to explain something: I'm just getting used to being a blogger, so bear with me as I figure my way around! My first post was a writing sample from a creative writing class (as I explained in that post). I simply wanted something I knew was good as the first post. ;)

I hope to use this blog to share the fruits of my writing hobby. You know the saying - if you want to be good at something, you need to practice, practice, practice. In my recent creative writing class, the instructor said we needed to practice writing 10 minutes a day, every day. She didn't care what we wrote, just so long as we wrote for 10 minutes a day. She also said it didn't matter if we split it up, 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there . . . just so long as we got into the habit of setting aside the time to get 10 minutes in; and if we went over 10 minutes, all the better!

Oh, and she said it didn't matter if we used one of those nice leather-bound journals, a spiral notebook . . .  whatever we wanted. Just get some words down! I love writing in those nice journals, and I have a couple, which I love using (because there's nothing like using a nice pen on nice paper in a leather-bound book), but I figure blogging will give me just another "excuse" to get more writing time in, you know - while I'm goofing off on the computer.

I also want to share the rekindling of my previous photography hobby. I take lots of photos. And I like to think I have an artistic eye. You know what? I actually used to be in my high school's photography club! So hopefully I can share some photos, too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...