Friday, January 20, 2012

Snow Day!

Okay, today, we had a major snow day! It'd started snowing before dawn, and snowed pretty much the whole day! As a matter of fact, if I hadn't check Livie's school's website (due to a sneaking suspicion about weather-related closings), I wouldn't have known her school was going to dismiss two hours early due to the storm!

So, while that was two hours of much needed study-time that disappeared, I at least got to spend most of the afternoon with Livie.

After doing a few little projects with her, I snapped this photo of the snow. This was about half an hour after I used the snow blower on the driveway. It started getting covered again rather quickly.
Okay, so I used a few of Picnik's funky editing effects to make this photo a little bit interesting, so I guess it's hard to see exactly how much the driveway got covered in that half hour. Andrew had to snow blow the driveway again when he got home because there'd been so much snow, his car got stuck!


(As a side note, I just found out that Picnik is "closing" as of April 19th, which is too bad because I've really enjoyed using it).

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

glad you all are safe in the snow. :)

Randy said...

Love that shot! P.S send snow!

Jill said...

So glad you're all home and safe!

OH NO! I hadn't heard about Picnik. So sad.

Nancy said...

We didn't get one flake!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I just got that email from Picnik. It sounds like the tools are now on Google+? At least that's what it sounded like on the email.

Sandy said...

Loving the funky edit effects-too bad Picnik's is closing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...