Monday, February 28, 2011

A bit of kindness

Okay, I've been meaning to post this, but with all the reading I have to do for class, I've been swamped and I've forgotten.

Anyway, on Valentine's Day, I got a little surprise in the mail.

Lisa, from Two Bears Farm and the Three Cubs, sent me a little care package as a "thank you" for regularly participating in Memory Lane Friday.

She included some fun stuff: a travel journal, photo album, scrapbooking supplies, a magnet with some great sayings, a little jar of play dough from Pierce to Livie, a Dove dark chocolate bar for me.

(I had to put it all on a solid-colored towel, so I wouldn't have too busy a background to display the stuff.)


Anyway, it was fun waiting anxiously for the package, wanting to see exactly what was inside. And then finally getting it, now that was fun!

And the chocolate bar? I hid it so Liv wouldn't see it. And I ate some of it after she went to bed. I ate the rest after class the following day. It was gooood!

The magnet, with it's sayings like, "Your presence is a present to the world," and "Count your blessings, not your troubles," and "Have courage," went on the fridge right away.

Liv loved the play dough, especially because it was pink! She immediately began making various creations with it.

And when she saw the scrapbooking material, she got excited about a potential art project that she and I could do together.

Now I don't normally do scrapbooking, but seeing how excited Livie got about all that stuff, I figured that when my semester is over, she and I can do some fun art projects with it (and the photo album - and maybe even the travel journal, both of which Lisa included in the package).

So anyway, I just wanted to say "Thanks again" to Lisa. I look forward to using the travel journal, and doing some art projects with Livie and the scrapbooking supplies! And, of course, the photo album will be put to good use! (If you're new to my blog - I love taking photos!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...