Friday, January 22, 2010

And another recipe . . .

Speaking of recipes, here's a popular recipe in my house. It's floated around a running forum I frequent, which is where I came across it.

Tasty Lentil Tacos
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced (I use 1/2 tsp. ready-minced)
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 cup dry lentils, rinsed
1 Tbs. chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
2-1/2 cups chicken broth (or beef broth)
1 cup salsa (I use El Paso Chile Company’s Snakebite Salsa)
12 hard taco shells (sometimes I just use regular corn tortillas)

In a large non-stick skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the lentils, chili powder, cumin and oregano; cook and stir for 1 minute.

Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Uncover; cook for 6-8 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in salsa.

(Heat up your taco shells while doing the last part of the above)

Spoon about 1/4 cup into each taco shell and top with your favorite taco fixings.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

These are good, and I like to eat them. And I'm glad Olivia eats these. But sometimes I like regular old beef tacos, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...