Monday, March 25, 2013

Brown Barn Charm

I haven't been blogging much lately, so it's nice to jump back into it by participating in "Barn Charm" with my version of being creative. 

Here's a farm somewhere on the south side of I-80, somewhere in between Des Moines and Coralville, IA (we were heading east). It was about a week before the first day of "Spring" (though it seems winter's still holding on tight in Iowa).

This is one of those "on the go" photos I took out the (grimy) car window using the Instagram app on my phone. (I don't remember which filter I used.)

(You can get a better view of the photo if you click on it.)


Please visit the rest of this week's "Barn Charm" entries by clicking the "Barn Charm" button below: 

12 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Neat picture!

Karen Lakis said...

I just love Iowa farms!

Cranberry Morning said...

They have such amazing soil in that area. It's black like potting soil from the nursery. Amazing food-growing capabilities our Great Plains has.

Elaine said...

Very nice! It looks like the fields go on forever.

Mari said...

Love the clouds in this shot! I like all the open space in the foreground.

Randy said...

It's so flat.

Nell at njschout said...

Looks like a prosperous farm! : )

Rose said...

I love the feel of this one, once it is enlarged.

Betsy said...

Barn on the run, love it.

Amy Burzese said...

That's some wide open space. Love it.

Faye said...

Like the "feel" of this photo, Sonya. Very atmospheric. So many people are instagraming--I need to explore this more.

I also haven't been doing very many ambitious blog posts lately--nor commenting the way I like to. Sometimes you just go through these periods.

don said...

I like the huge expanse of terrain with the farmyard to give us an idea of scale. Neat shot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...