Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hay, There! Rural Thursday

I've got something for "Rural Thursday" this week! This past weekend, while we were out running errands, I took these photos of some trucks laden with large hay bales. (Andrew was driving, so I had the chance to click away with my iPhone.) Definitely a sight I never saw when I lived in Chicago or Boston! But it's a sight I've seen a few times here in Iowa.




"Rural Thursday" is co-hosted by A Rural Journal and Two Bears Farm. Please click on the "Rural Thursday" button below (with the rooster) to view the rest of this week's entries:

11 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Great shots I see a lot of that around where I live and I just love the look. B

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Off to the cows no doubt!

carol l mckenna said...

Great shots and definitely not seen in Boston ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

TexWisGirl said...

they mostly do round bales here in texas. :)

Evelyn S. said...

I live where round bales are relatively common on farms, but I've never seen any in "town"! That's quite a sight!

Candy C. said...

Everytime hubby and I see a hay truck heading down the road we say "Hay there!!" ;)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

during hay season, it's a daily sight. I got more than 22 bales this year; more than enough to feed my critters.

Sandy said...

Hay! That's awesome. I don't think I've seen hay hauled like that. Neat to see.=) Happy Thursday.

Nancy said...

I always find it a bit scary to be behind these vehicles. One false move and I'm done for! :)

42N said...

I think the sight of rural transportation is wonderful. I look forward to seeing tractors and such in the fields, harvesting and using the roads to get from point to point. America Needs Farmers (ANF) at its best.

Dan said...

Since we moved here to the County, it's now become a common site down our road. Although we don't live it town anymore. Seeing farm equipment moving up and down between farms is a common sight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...