Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Fabric of Our Lives

Got lots of words swirling around my little gray cells but I lack the inspiration (or motivation) to wrangle them into a good story right now.

Instead, I thought I'd share a few photos of a well-loved friend of mine. I've been thinking about him a lot lately, now that spring has arrived and Cinco de Mayo is a little over a month away (I'll share that story on May 5th).

Scroll down a little and you'll see "Wild Stride," an American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) registered Appendix Quarter Horse; his nickname was "Cotton." You'll see why we called ol' blondie "Cotton" when you see his photos.

He came to me on May 5, 2001, and after September 11th, I sent him back to his original owner (due to time constraints of mine while I was on active duty); he left me mid-October 2001.

But those few months he was with me in Tucson, AZ were wonderful. I continued to love him for the rest of his life, and I miss him.

I took these photos mid-May 2001, in Tucson, AZ. 
Here's his "head-shot":


I'm not sure exactly what he's looking at (maybe those other horses over yonder), but whatever he IS looking at sure has his attention - just look at those attentive ears:


Maybe you can see his golden dapples in this photo:


I had grand ideas of showing him in hunters/jumpers. Or maybe dabbling in Eventing. I think he would've been good at that, and the dressage training itself would've been good for him. 

Maybe one day I'll have another Quarter Horse or Appendix Quarter Horse. Once in a while I'll look through the "classifieds" on the AQHA website, just to browse through the horses that are for sale, and daydreaming about another Quarter Horse of my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...